Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The joys of packing...

Ok, so I am starting this blog because I am going to be living in Mozambique for the Summer and my family and friends wanted to know what was going on. I guess they all think that I am terrible at writing and so they are hoping that if I just have to write one time I will at least do that. I guess we'll find out! So I have just finished buying everything and all I can say is shopping at Cabela's for dutch oven type clothes/shoes and buying things such as bug repellent, malaria pills, and flash lights is about as much fun as walking on glass. I mean shopping at Nordstrom's that is fun! Buying a brand new pair of shoes that go perfect with that perfect pair of jeans... HEAVEN!! Going from hunting store to hunting store then making a quick stop at wall mart isn't my idea of a fun day out. Maybe that is why I am going to Africa to learn to love dutch oven type living. Maybe when I get home I will want to just ride a bike and live on berries and nuts while wearing the latest pair of chacos. I really hope not but, I am going to keep all of my options open. I am however, excited to go! The getting ready part: buying, packing, and waiting around part is always hard but, once I'm there I always love it! Anyways... I am off to try and fit all that I have into a back packing backpack that I have never used and never thought I would have to use unless of course there was some type of natural disaster! :) Please feel free to email me or post anything while I am gone! I would love to hear from you and despite what others may say I really will do my best to get back to you! 

6 comments:

  1. oh christina. it's about dang time you conformed... call me crazy, but if you haven't learned to love the dutch oven life yet, with all the people you have known and hung out with... i'm pretty sure it will never happen.
    but who knows...
    we should play before you leave...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been a witness to this unbelievable "born again" experience with Christina. My daughter, who thinks camping is an "extreme sport" has been busy packing things like: Deet, chacos, rain wear, and Listerine- not as mouth wash but to use as a bug spray!! I keep expecting to find a pair of Steve Madden shoes hidden in one of the 29 pockets of her pack. We are sad to see her leave but excited to see her begin, yet another adventure. I guess China, Ecuador & Brazil were not enough:)
    Happy traveling Christy and keep the tent door closed- I hear the bugs can be pretty crazy!
    Love mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're going where?!?! i've never even heard of that place and I'm jealous. someday i'll make it to africa... but seriously, what is this for?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you have this blog.
    and it sounds like you are already turning a little bit dutch oven. watch out, Mozambique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, I spend most of my time shopping at hunting stores and I find it offensive that you that is lame. That is where I find all my lasest fashions at discount prices. We miss you at work already. I want you back. 7 more minutes and my grave is over and before you know it I will be dreaming of lolly pops. Have a safe trip. i know you are going to have the time of your life. we are taking engagement photos this weekend so I will send you a copy via email. Love you dearly. Be safe and talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really miss you! I hope you are having the time of your life in a tent in Africa. When you come home we need to do something!

    ReplyDelete